The President's Letter - June 2021
We aren’t there yet, but we are getting closer. Those that want vaccines are now eligible; our healthcare systems, clinics, pharmacies, county emergency service management and many volunteers are working countless hours to get us back to what we sometimes took for granted - our normal life.
As many area employers are looking for employees to fill job vacancies, one problem that has been a tough obstacle for us to overcome is finding transportation solutions for those that do not own a car or have a ride share support.
Because transportation to work is often listed as a barrier by both employers and employees, CAT and rabbittransit are looking for your input in helping them to better support your needs.
CAT and rabbittransit hosted an employer forum to discuss your public transportation needs on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
During the forum they discussed the following:
- • Discuss opportunities for providing public transportation to work sites
• Consider strategies for employer collaboration with rabbittransit/CAT to improve job access,
• Learn the results of the employer survey that is open now through April 30
The purpose of the forum is to help employers and employees (current and prospective) recognize the value of public transportation for:
• Workforce recruiting and labor force access
• Retaining employees and the associated economic benefits of lower turnover
• Lowering the cost of transportation for employees
• Providing options for employees who do not own cars
• Addressing challenges associated with shift and weekend work
• Positioning for post-pandemic expanded travel and return to work sites
We need to support CAT and rabbittransit as they aim to aid area businesses to assist your employees commute back and forth to work!
Michelle Hornick Crowley
President and CEO